Tips & Tricks/08.08.22

Are you sure you're covered?

Many cleaners start their businesses with basic insurance policies and everything runs smoothly – until something goes wrong.

After an accident, one cleaning company owner learned that his van was covered but the truckmount inside was not. He had to pay for the repair of the damaged unit – ouch! He needed separate coverage for the unit, eg, an Inland Marine Insurance policy (some such policies are listed under different names).

Check with your insurance agent to make sure your insurance covers ALL of the equipment you carry in your van, whether installed, like a truckmount, or the tools and accessories that you use daily.

Even more critical:  Insurance that covers your company for damage to a customer’s goods or items, often called CCC (Care Custody and Control) insurance.

Many cleaners assume that their company’s liability insurance would cover damage to customers’ property; however, in many cases, it is not covered – that can be a very costly lesson when making a claim for damages done in the course of a job.

If you are in business long enough you will need CCC insurance, as you will eventually damage or have a customer claim you caused damage to their items.

Bottom Line:
Check with your insurance agent to make sure your business insurance covers all of the equipment you have in the vehicle – everything that pays your salary every day.

Most importantly, make sure you have a policy that covers damage to customers’ items including furnishings, carpet etc.

Watch for more business building articles in upcoming Legend Brands Tips & Tricks.

We're here to help.
Reach out with any questions.

Contact Us

Click CONTINUE to view the requested resource

Cancel Continue